Here are some of our dinners from the past month:
- Tacos with sauteed zucchini, corn, carrots and cojita cheese
- lots of pizza (my husband is perfecting the dough recipe for his new venture, Pinthouse Pizza)
- our “random” soup: vegetable broth, pasta, whatever veggies we need to eat up, seasoning
- rice/quinoa/polenta + vegetables
- paninis (We had goat cheese, roasted red peppers, sun-dried tomatoes and basil on ours.)
- Nordstrom’s tomato basil soup and grilled cheese
- Sloppy Joes (with soy crumbles) and sweet potato fries
- Veggie burgers
We also tried a few vegan recipes from Veganomicon: Quinoa with Pineapple and Cashews and Pumpkin Scones with Cranberries. Both were really good! The Veganomicon authors have a great blog and this fantastic website too.
Moosewood cookbooks are always a win if you’re looking for healthy and delicious recipes. In fact, the number one searched term that leads to this very blog is the Moosewood recipe for Armenian Lentil Soup.
Thank you to my friend, Kate, for informing me about the website Treehugger.com. A great resource for all things green, including vegetarian recipes. Although today there’s an article about eating protein-rich insects. Hmmm…..not sure about that one.
I also found a great resource on Gwyneth Paltrow’s website compiled by famous vegetarian, Paul McCartney- with recipes, cookbook recommendations and other tools.
It’s not a vegetarian blog but most of the recipes from Farmhouse Delivery’s blog are vegetable-based, with beautiful step-by-step photos.
Of course, this month isn’t the end of our vegetarian/vegan eating, so what are your favorite vegetarian resources, websites, cookbooks, or recipes?